Similar to most things design-related, creating solid branding stickers is much harder than it seems. Branding stickers are instrumental in creating awareness for your products and services. Implementing good sticker-design tips will help your stickers get noticed. We’ve developed a list of 7 tips to help you design awesome branding stickers!
Our top 7 branding sticker design tips:
- Design a product your customers can’t wait to use.
- Simplicity in design is the most impactful and eye-catching.
- Use a custom shaped die cut sticker to highlight the design elements of your sticker.
- Create a sticker consistent with your brand’s content messaging and branding standards.
- Print on the back of the liner (backprint) to give your customer several points of contact.
- Engage your customer through social media references.
- Do something crazy and outside the box if that works for your brand’s identity.
Ready to get started with your own brand stickers? Get an instant quote on die cut stickers!
Next Steps: Add to your cart -> Checkout -> Upload your art!
Let's dive a little deeper into each one of our branding sticker design tips!
1. Design a product your customers can't wait to use.
Your customers are your best ambassadors. Don’t waste your money on stickers your customers don’t want to use. Further, give them a sticker they are super excited to stick to anything in sight! Your branding stickers will last for years to come and will give your company immense impressions over that time period.
2. Simplicity in design is the most impactful and eye-catching.
Simplicity is one of the hardest design principles to implement. When executed well, simplicity brings clarity to your brand’s message. What does that mean when it comes to stickers? We think using 2-3 spot colors in your design is a great way to keep things simple. Also make sure there’s only one message point per design. Over-messaging the customer is a good way to make sure no message is understood! Check out our post about for more tips on how to do the process effectively.
One of the best quotes about simplicity in design comes from Lindon Leader:
“I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things.”
3. Use a custom-shaped die cut sticker to highlight the design elements of your sticker.
Custom shapes are always cooler, right? With custom die cut decals, your branding stickers will be unique to your brand. That special shape also helps your stickers stand out from all other stickers out there!
4. Create a sticker consistent with your brand's content messaging and branding standards.
Design a brand consistent decal so there is no confusion between your brand and your product or service. By limiting confusion your customers will focus on the correct message.
Not all stickers need to be perfectly on-brand. There’s definitely a time and place to create alternate designs and we fully support that effort. But when it comes to branding stickers, stay on brand!
5. Print on the back of the liner (backprint) to give your customer several points of contact.
Backprint stickers (sometimes called liner print stickers) are the perfect place to advertise a special promotion. It’s also a good place to provide contact information, such as your customer service phone number or url.
6. Engage your customer through social media references.
Stickers go hand-in-hand with social media. Both products are used to reach a mass audience and capitalize on high rates of impression. Use your decals and social accounts in tandem! Offer a special giveaway for pictures of your stickers in use. Create a hashtag for your brand and stickers.
7. Do something crazy and outside the box if that works for your brand's identity.
For some brands, staying on-brand means doing something crazy, outside-the-box. If that’s you, go for it! Your off-the-wall branding stickers could be the product that gets you exactly the attention you want.
Branding Stickers are the perfect way to bring attention to your brand and create brand loyalty.
The end goal for your stickers is to create long-term loyal customers and get your brand’s message out to a bigger audience. By following these tips, your stickers will be loved by your customers and end up in all kinds of places. Billboards that last for years!