How To: Perfectly Apply Window Stickers Using Wet Method
Have you ever wondered how people apply large window stickers without pulling their hair out because once installed there is an absurd amount bubbles, or it’s crooked and now they have ruined the sticker all together? Well today we will discuss how to apply that window sticker, perfectly every time using the wet method application!
Step 1: Fill spray bottle
Fill a 1 quart spray bottle 1/2 way with water – more water may be needed depending on the size of the window sticker and surface you are applying it to. Add 8 drops of liquid soap to the bottle – a little goes a long way!
Step 2: Clean Window
Clean the window with the soapy water mixture to ensure no dirt or debris remains on the surface. This is important to ensure longevity of the window sticker.
Note! Do not use window cleaning products – these will leave a residue on the window and will react with the adhesive, resulting in your window sticker not adhering properly to the surface!
Step 3: Spray Window
Liberally spray the soap and water mixture onto the window, ensuring to cover the entire area you plan to apply the window sticker.
Step 4: Apply Window Stickers
Carefully peel the liner from the sticker and apply to the window. Step back to ensure the sticker is level and installed where you want it.
Step 5: Remove Bubbles
Add more soap and water on top of the sticker. This helps the squeegee glide across the surface to prevent tearing. Carefully use the squeegee to push the air bubbles out from the center to the edges.
Step 6: Final clean up
Clean with window cleaner and step back to admire your perfectly installed window sticker!
Black Belt Tips!
- Use masking tape to hold the window sticker in place to ensure it doesn’t move while using the squeegee to remove air bubbles.
- If possible, install in mild weather. Between 50 and 90 degrees F.
- Use a hair dryer on low heat to set the window sticker after the air bubble have been removed if it is cold outside.
- Use the buddy system! Have a friend help with the install.
- Work in sections. If you’re installing a large window sticker, work in sections when removing the backing. Try removing the top section first to ensure the window sticker is straight, then work your way down!